quarta-feira, 17 de agosto de 2022

How to study for 1z0-1094-22 - Oracle Cloud Database Migration and Integration 2022 Professional

Hi all,

I decided to take all the 2022 OCI exams to check what changed and guide people in taking these certifications.

Well, not all the exams. I will do only the ones that I did in 2019/2020/2021 and are the things that I work on a day-to-day basis 🙂


On this test, I was expecting to see a few new things(comparing the course topics with the previous years). 
I don't remember the question from the 2021 exam (did it one year ago), but I was not surprised with any new questions that I have no idea about.

And I did the test at 9:00PM, after 13 working hours (I was almost sleeping).

After reading a message from Simo on Twitter, I decided to try my luck :)

This exam privileges the knowledge acquired on a daily basis much more than the knowledge acquired in preparation for the test.

In this preparation material, I missed having something about how to analyze the workload of environments before migration and how this impacts the decision of choosing the shape and type of service to be used in the Cloud.
It's also missing some checks you have to do before working in a big production migration.
And I think they should share more about Cloud Premigration Advisor Tool.

Since I created mig360 and I'm working on Cloud migration projects, the "regular" database migration topics on this test are ok.

For sure you will need some real-world experience to clear most of the ZDM related questions.

About the ODI topics, It was very deep (much more than I expect).
Even working in environments where I have to deal with ODI every day, A lot of questions are difficult to answer if you are not an ODI Developer.


You can find some examples of questions here:

 


I hope Oracle is planning to allow us to download the PDFs again because the online reader is terrible. From 0 to 10, the usability of this tool is -1, especially on mobile devices.






And last but not least, stay away from Brain Dumps!

Best of luck
Alex Zaballa


0 comentários: